I love our venue.
Muirfield Village Golf Club is really special to us for a few reasons. First of all, it's right down the street from my parent's house and it's Jack Nicklaus' golf club that hosts the Memorial Tournament every year. I grew up going to the tournament, and always schedule off work during tournament week to walk around and enjoy one of the first weeks of summer weather here. Secondly, Sam worked at Muirfield when we met and while he lived here in Ohio. He's in the turf industry and the opportunity to work at Muirfield is what brought him here! Thirdly, and most special to me, my parents had their wedding reception there on July 15, 1989 (we may have to recreate one of their photos!)
So, our ceremony will take place, weather permitting, in the Memorial Garden and will be followed by a cocktail hour on the balcony and a reception inside the pavilion.
& I am getting so. so. excited.
& I am getting so. so. excited.
2019 Memorial Tournament & 2017 Memorial Tournament
I never actually thought we would be able to get married at Muirfield. Muirfield only hosts a handful of weddings each year, because you either have to be a member or be sponsored by a member in order to get married there. I had jokingly thrown it out as a suggestion a few days after we got engaged, but we didn't feel super comfortable asking someone to sponsor us. Well, in a serendipitous turn of events my mom was talking to our would-be wedding planner (a family friend - more about her in this post) and she asked how we met. My mom explained Sam had moved to Dublin to work at Muirfield and that we met online (Tinder, I'll be honest), and our planner asked why we weren't getting married there. We hadn't even realized she was a member, and she graciously offered to sponsor us.
When we got the word that Muirfield had approved our request I was absolutely thrilled, and proceeded to scream & jump up and down with my friends at work. I was initially worried that Sam wouldn't want to get married at Muirfield given the fact that it was his place of work for a few years, but he's just as excited as I am.
Our venue also played a special role in our save the dates; check out that wedding wednesday post here!
other #weddingwednesday posts:
No. 1: Our Engagement Story
No. 2: We Have a Date
No. 5: Why We Hired a Wedding Planner
No. 7: Jenny Craig Wedding Diet
No. 9: Our Wedding Monogram
No. 10: Save the Dates







0 comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting your comments, they make my day! Thank you so much for leaving one :)