I don't have a half birthday.
You're probably saying "huh?" right now, but let me explain. My birthday is August 30th so technically my half birthday should be February 30th, but as we all know there is no such date.
I never really noticed I didn't have a half birthday until I was 15-years-old and trying to get my driver's permit. In Ohio you can get your permit when you are 15 and 1/2 and can take your drivers test 6 months after getting your permit. I wanted to be able to get my license on my actually birthday (because I was literally the last of my friends to get a license due to my late-summer birthday), however in order to do that I would need to get my permit on my half birthday....and then I realized I didn't have one.
When we called the DMV they said I could get my permit on March 4th which in turn meant I got my license on September 4th. So if you have a birthday on August 30 or 31st you'll never have a half birthday.
Weird right?
p.s. don't forget to enter my giveaway for a Stella & Dot bracelet





My sisters birthday is August 30 too; since mine is February 23 we just always did our half birthday in conjunction with the other's birthday.
ReplyDelete