For years I've been looking at pictures of girl's graduation caps decorated with Lilly Pulitzer fabric, sorority letters, rhinestones, etc... and ever since I've been excited about the day I would finally get to decorate my own. Well....
This weekend my dad brought me all the supplies needed to bedazzle my graduation cap. I started with about 1,000 strips of rhinestones from Michaels and a cut out of the Miami "M". The paper "M" was all dad's thinking, I was going to freehand it - looking back I'm really glad I didn't try that.
The rhinestones were relatively easy to use....they came with adhesive on the back and you just cut how ever many you needed from the strip. And the adhesive is really pretty strong; hours after finishing the cap I was still finding strips of rhinestones on my clothes and legs.
And here's the final product! I'm really happy with how it turned out, although I've seen people at other schools decorate their caps I've never seen anyone at Miami create a cap quite like this one. I just couldn't quite resist the urge to spice things up a little bit, and hey at least my parents will be able to pick me out of the crowd!
25 more days :)




it's so cute, love it!
ReplyDeleteI love it!
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I never gave a thought to doing that when I graduated
ReplyDeleteVery fun, what a great idea! You have a great blog, what do you think about following each other?
ReplyDeleteMuch Love,
http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/
This is great. It'll definitely stand out!
ReplyDeleteHow did you do this with the stencil I am wanting to do this to mine.
ReplyDelete